This song... IS meaningful... The lyrics says it all...
Why - 98 Degrees
We do almost everything that lovers do
And that's why it's hard just to be friends with you
Every time your heart is broken by the fool
I want you to know that it hurts me too
It's hard to wipe your tears away
Knowing that you should be with me
Now tell me why
Why are we still friends
When everything says
We should be more than we are
And tell me why everytime I find
Someone that i like
We always end up just being friends
I would hate for you to find somebody new
Who you really love, cause it would mean losing you
But am I a fool girl not to say
If I'm scared I'll lose you anyway
Somehow somewhere I've got to choose
No matter if it's win or lose
Now tell me why
Why are we still friends
When everything says
We should be more than we are
And tell me why everytime
I find someone that I like
We always end up just being friends
I don't wanna be like your brother
I don't wanna be your best friend
I only wanna be your lover
When will this end
If I told you that I wanna be in your life
Then you could be the woman in mine
Why are we still friends
When everything says
We should be more than we are
And tell me why
Everytime I find
Someone that I like
We always end up just being friends...
Hmmmm... Someone once told me he dun wanna be a brother... Someone once told me he dun wanna be my friend... When being asked what he wanna be, he just kept quiet... It's been a mystery till now... But being friends is weird when he's like a brother... It's like we've been close... But after all that happened, the friendship is starting to drift apart... Someone once told me to experience and explore the world... After a year or two, then share with that someone what I've learnt... Haiz... Why do you have to stay silent? Don't you know how much your friendship means to me? Felt like I'm losing a dear buddy...
I can't keep it a secret anymore coz I dun treat you that way... I treasure you... Dun get me all wrong coz that's who I am... It's the hardest thing that I'll ever have to do... I've got to be cruel to be kind... It's the hardest thing that I'll ever have to lie... You're my sweetest nightmare, buddy... Just felt like I could smile to myself after what we've been through... You never failed to make my day... BE it in whatever you say... Seems like I am dependent on your friendship coz I can't discard it just like that... If I were to make a choice, i'd still pick our friendship... Hopefully it won't come to an end coz someone once told me that it's not a reason to avoid just that someone knows that I'm tired and need space... Buddy you've given me more than enough space... Just that your silence is killing me... It's like the buddy I once knew became someone else... The buddy I once knew used to be there for me... The buddy I once knew used to text everyday... The buddy I once knew used to know me EXTREMELY well that he knows my exact personality... The buddy I once knew seems to understand me perfectly... The buddy I once knew shows me respect... The buddy I once knew asked me out... Well, it's all used to be...
I'm glad the buddy I once knew is and will still be there... Just that buddy won't be active... Much as I want to, it's the hardest thing that I've to do... Missed those times... I miss you, buddy... Perhaps one day we catch up with each other, yeah? =)) you know who you are, buddy... You'll be remembered... Thanks for being part of my life before... Thanks for everything, buddy! =DD
Kae lahhh... I'm outta here... Sayonara!